We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of service www.biztreeapps.com/en/legal/terms-of-service/) and any other documents referred to on it, sets the foundation on which any personal information we collect, or that is provided to Biztree, will be processed by us. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Biztree does not own or control, or to individuals that Biztree does not employ or manage.
We encourage you to completely read this policy before using our website or Services and to check it whenever you use our website or Services to understand how your personal information is used.
1. The Information We Collect And Store
These are the ways that Biztree will collect information about or from users:
Information given to us by users:
- Information provided to us by completing forms on our site www.biztreeapps.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or our Service including contact details such as name, email address and phone number.
- Information uploaded to, or shared through, our site by using our Services including profile information or any personal.
- We collect and store the files you upload, download, or access with the Biztree Service.
- Information provided to us by completing surveys on our site or as carried out by our approved third parties.
Information we get from the use of our site and services:
When our Services are used or our content is viewed, we automatically collect and store certain information. This may include:
- System event logs, files metadata and users activity relating to using the Service such as details of when, how and by whom our service was used, including but not limited to search queries and files accessed.
- Device event information such as crashes, user activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of requests and referral URL. This may include the device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, information you search for on our website or system configuration information.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify browser or Biztree Account.
- Telephony log information like phone numbers, calling-party numbers, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Information that is provided to Biztree when carrying out transactions through our site including payment details such as credit card information and billing addresses.
- Whenever Biztree is contacted for customer or technical support, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
- Information we receive from third party search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Microsoft (Bing and MSN) relating to search activity.
- Details of user visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources accessed.
- We may collect device-specific information (such as hardware model, version of operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Biztree may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Biztree Account.
- We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on user devices using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
When users provide personal information, they consent that it can be used for the above purposes and that Biztree is an authorized holder of such information. If a user chooses not to register or provide personal information, our website can still be used but the user will not be able to access additional services or certain areas that require registration. When subscribing to use Biztree, users are providing consent to occasionally receive information from us. In each communication from us users will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from further communications; otherwise users may contact us to express your choices at the address provided at the bottom of this page.
3. Access to Your Information
Users may change or remove their profile information displayed through our Service at any time by going to their profile and editing the information. However, if a user would like to modify the personal information we store in our systems, an email must be sent to email@example.com to request its removal.
If users wish to stop using their account, it may be deactivated. After deactivating an account, users will not be able to use our service and the user information will no longer be visible through our site. However, even after an account is deactivated, copies of the personal information including but not limited to name and email address may be retained by Biztree as backup copies for legal and compliance reasons.
If the personal information of a user changes in any way, is it expected that the user correct or update the information as soon as possible. Profile information can be update at any time by users logging into their Biztree account at any time. Users may also request changes or access to their information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical.
4. Security of Information
Biztree is strongly committed to protecting user information and ensuring that their choices are honored. We have taken strong security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. All sensitive data is stored behind multiple firewalls on secure servers with restricted employee access.
We guarantee that all e-commerce transactions follow the latest security measures and use the best available technologies. Highly confidential personal information such as credit card numbers and passwords that we receive from users on our website are protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet. SSL is one of the safest methods of passing information over the Internet.
All personal information provided to Biztree is stored on secure servers operated by us or our third party providers. Where we have given (or where one was chosen) a password which allows access to certain parts of our website or Services, the user is responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask users not to share their password with anyone and to advise Biztree immediately if it is believed that their password or account has been compromised. In addition, users should always logout and close the browser when finished with their session. Please note that Biztree will never ask users to disclose their password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Although we will do our best to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at the risk of the user. Once we have received user information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We work hard to protect Biztree and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt service requests using SSL.
- We encrypt all files uploaded using AES-256.
- We offer two step verification to access the Biztree Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Biztree employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
5. What We Do With the Information Shared With Us
User information is never shared outside the company without prior permission. Inside the company, data is stored behind multiple firewalls on secure servers with restricted user access.
Biztree’s Service includes file sharing and collaboration features that by their nature support sharing with other chosen users. Those users can see the name, email address, photo and information from the user’s profile page, and any files that are shared with them; and they can post comments and email the user who is sharing. Collaborators who are invited as editors can also edit shared files, upload documents and photos to the shared files, share those files with other users or publish files publicly to give anyone the right to view the shared files.
Our services let users share information with others. When information is shared publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Biztree. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
5.1. Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Biztree unless one of the following circumstances apply:
WITH YOUR CONSENT
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Biztree when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
WITH DOMAIN ADMINISTRATORS
If a Biztree Account is provided to a user by a domain administrator (or business owner) then the domain administrator who provides its users’ access to Biztree will have full access to the users account information (including uploaded user data). The domain administrator may be able to:
- View user account statistics.
- Change the user account password.
- Suspend or terminate user account access.
- Access or retain information stored as part of the account.
- Receive account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Restrict the user’s ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
FOR EXTERNAL PROCESSING
FOR LEGAL REASONS
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Biztree if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Biztree, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
6. Additional Information Usage
We may disclose personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
We use information held in the following ways:
- To provide our services and features to users, to measure and improve those services and features and to provide users with customer and technical support.
- To occasionally contact users with any service-related notices.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for users and computers.
- To protect Biztree and our users.
- To provide information concerning our products or services that users request from us or which we feel may be interesting to users by email unless the user opted-out of receiving this information (see below for more details).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between a user and Biztree.
- To provide users with advertisements concerning our products and services through our Partners Program.
- To request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the website and our publications, products and services.
- To conduct marketing analysis.
- To send emails to users who are invited to collaborate and access another users’ files;
- To allow users to communicate, collaborate, and share files with other designated users;
- To contact contest winners;
- For other purposes about which we notify the user.
7. How to Opt-Out
We provide users with the opportunity to opt-out from receiving updates on our products, newsletters and other communications from us. Users can opt-out by clicking on the link provided in our electronic mailings or by contacting us at the address at the bottom of this page.
TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that users can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, users can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to their Biztree Account by using Biztree Dashboard.
- Control whom information is shared with.
- Take information out of many of our services.
- Download all of their files.
- Cancel their account at any time.
Biztree accounts may be deactivated by the billing administrator of the domain account, at which point the account and the data stored therein is treated in accordance with our deletion policy.
Users may also set their browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND OPTING-OUT
We will provide users with information concerning our products or services that are requested from us or which we judge may be of interest to the user by email, unless the user opted-out of receiving these communications. The types of communications sent are including but not limited to (i) notices about the use of our Web sites and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services.
Users may at any time opt-out of receiving informative and promotional communications by clicking on the opt-out link in the footer of a marketing email received or by sending an email to email@example.com Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about a user’s current account and services.
The Site contains links to web sites of third parties. Biztree is not responsible for the actions of these third parties, including their privacy practices and any content posted on their web sites. We encourage users to review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personal information. Biztree adheres to industry recognized standards to secure any personal information in our possession, and to secure it from unauthorized access and tampering. However, as is true with all online actions, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions of personal information, or other users of the site may misuse or abuse your personal information that they may collect from the site.
Biztree uses third-party advertising companies to serve our ads on our website. These third-party advertising companies employ cookie and 1x1 pixel .gifs or web beacons to measure and improve the effectiveness of ads for their clients. To do so, these companies may use anonymous information about user visits to our website and other websites, but will not collect any information which can personally identify or that can be linked to the user. This information can include: date/time of banner ad shown, the banner ad that was shown, their cookie, and the IP address. This information can also be used for online preference marketing purposes.
If you want to prevent a third-party advertiser from collecting data, currently you may either visit each ad network's web site individually and opt out or visit the NAI gateway opt-out site to opt-out of all network advertising cookies. Click here for the NAI gateway opt-out site.
This site will also allow you to review the third-party advertising companies' privacy policies.
Our Service offers publicly accessible community services such as blogs, forums, and wikis. Users should be aware that any information provided in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. User posts may remain even after the user’s account is cancelled.
9. The Privacy of Children
Our site and the services available through Biztree are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Biztree does not knowingly or specifically collect information about children under the age of 13 and believes that children of any age should get their parents’ consent before giving out any personal information. We encourage parents to actively participate in your child’s web experience. Biztree recommends that parents use Internet filtering technology to supervise their kids’ access to the Internet.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
10. Enforcement Of Policy
If for some reason you believe Biztree has not adhered to these principles, please notify us and we will do our best to promptly make corrections.
11. Questions or Comments
555 Rene Levesque West, Suite #1450
Montreal (QC) H2Z 1B1
We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Last updated February 5, 2013